French public company established in January 2000 listed since June 2006 on Alternext Euronext Paris (ALNEO code).
Aiming at a Global Market gearing on a sustained evolution:
• Analogue Switch off (ASO).
• Horizontal Markets (DTT) & Convergence (Web 2.0 / IPTV).
The company is supported by a world-class team and count more than 100 employees.
50% of staff and a budget of more than 28 million euros are spent on R & D.
In-house Silicon Chip design powering a truly unique range of Digital TV products.
Fabless - meaning NEOTION does not manufacture its own silicon wafers, concentrates on the design and development and outsources the production to Toshiba.
Customers: Consumer Electronics and Operators (TV & Telcos).
Mission & Strategy
NEOTION's mission and strategy is to enable through its range of products for the operator and end user to benefit from the most innovative, cost-effective and secure access to digital TV market, whether through Terrestrial, Satellite, Cable, IPTV or any other secure Pay-TV platform, NEOTION's Innovative Attitude continues to ensure secure viewing pleasure.
NEOTION's main focus areas:
• Design and Develop innovative new chipset technology for use in our range of cutting-edge Conditional Access Modules as well as for third party customers wishing to implement our range of chipsets or core modules within their Set-Top-Box solutions.
• Customised range of Conditional Access Modules dedicated to the specific needs of different operators wishing to enable unique features, services and solutions in their markets.
• Innovative new products designed to stimulate and drive the future of the digital TV market.
• As one of the founders of [CI Plus], NEOTION continues to drive, support, lobby and develop with the working group, operators, TV manufacturers/Consumer electronics and authorities to achieve the standardisation of [CI Plus] technology across the globe.
• NEOTION maintains focus is to design and development secure silicon products to ensure compliancy, extended storage capacity, IP and Wi-Fi access, low power consumption (green products), MPEG-4 decoding and a continued fight against global content piracy.
Our projects are conducted with the assistance of the European Regional Development Funds (ERDF)
- NEOTION launches a fully compliant CI Plus 1.3 CAM range.
- NEOTION provides to ORS its cardless CI Plus CAM with Irdeto Media Protection for the first DVB-T2 services in Austria.
- NEOTION provides its new CI Plus 1.3 CAM to Skylink.
- NEOTION introduces a Hbb Tablet Application using its BlueBridge® platform.
- NEOTION becomes, with its VIACCESS modules, technology provider for the new pre-paid TV offer
« LIB’TELE » launched by BOULANGER / HTM group on TNT in France.
- NEOTION brings dual services descrambling feature in its IRDETO SoftCell 3.11 Dual Mode CA Modules to the Austrian market.
- NEOTION has been selected by VOLIA, a major Ukrainian Cable TV Operator to provide CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules.
- NEOTION delivers its VIACCESS CI Plus CAM, sold with a SAMSUNG television, for FRANSAT free DTT channels in France.
- NEOTION launches the IRDETO SoftCell 3.11 Professional CAM with multi services descrambling.
- NEOTION unveils its Blue Bridge® secure wireless solution, a platform of services between TV and mobile devices, at IBC 2012.
- NEOTION is providing STOFA with an Advanced VOD CAM solution, it's the first Advanced VOD CAM deployment in the world.
- NEOTION enlarges its portfolio of Professional CAMs with the simultaneous launching of several new products.
- NEOTION Chipset NKE-1 is approved for Cardless CAS solution on CAM.
- NEOTION speaks about service-related interactions between the TV programs and the 'Companion Devices' at the Medientage "Speakers Corner" in Munich.
- NEOTION and IRT have agreed on a partnership to develop a proof of concept of a Cloud Couponing platform based on the HbbTV standard.
- The NEOTION CONAX CI Plus CAM have been selected by EUROPA7 for the deployment of their DVB-T2 bouquet in Italy.
- The NEOTION CI Plus "Ready" IRDETO CA Modules have been officially approved by SKYLINK
- NEOTION publish a new White Paper: "Conditional Access Modules and Connected TV".
- The NEOTION VIACCESS PRO CAM selected by CANAL+ Group to deploy its professional offer “TNT SAT Pro Collectif”.
- Stofa Selects Irdeto and Neotion Solution to Deliver Pay TV Industry First.
- With its IRDETO SoftCell 3.11 Dual Mode CA Modules, NEOTION now supplies technology to the Austrian market.
- NEOTION delivers CONAX-embedded CI Plus CA Modules to PRIMACOM.
- NEOTION and ALCINEO present the world's first Conditional Access Module with built-in NFC technology at the IBC 2011 Exhibition
- NEOTION enables the world’s first phone to Conditional Access Module (CAM) transaction using Naratte’s Zoosh Technology
- NEOTION present at IBC the first Conditional Access Module (CAM) with GSM technology.
- NEOTION obtains CONAX certification for these new Conditional Access Modules (CAM) "Conax Chipset Pairing".
- NEOTION develops a new [CI Plus] CAM for BOXER.
- September 10th, NEOTION celebrates today its 10 years of innovation!
- NEOTION strengthens its [CI Plus] CAM product range by obtaining two new [CI Plus] Secure Chipset certifications attributed by two Conditional Access providers, CONAXTM and IRDETOTM.
- NEOTION has been selected by ITI Neovision, a leading Polish DTH Operator, to boost their HD Pay TV bouquet with its new CI Plus CONAX module.
- TANDBERG, SONY, Strategy & Technology and NEOTION have combined their industry expertise to deliver a Video on Demand solution without the need for a Set-top Box.
- NEOTION successfully completes [CI Plus] certification.
- NEOTION achieves a World-first in the [CI Plus] ecosystem by obtaining certification for its advanced modules.
- IRDETO [CI Plus] Module : another World-first from NEOTION !
- IRDETO and NEOTION Announce Integration of Universal Client Software-Only CA with CI+ CAM.
- NEOTION : official provider of Conditional Access Modules for BOXER.
- NEOTION introduces NKE-1 processor.
- NEOTION creates the [CI Plus] Global TEST TOOL Suite.
- Viaccess announces [CI Plus] support with Neotion at IBC 2009.
- ZIGGO and NEOTION, after initial pioneering, are now further unleashing [CI Plus] momentum in the Digital Pay TV ecosystem.
- New location for NEOTION headquarters at Aubagne : NEOTION is moving on and growing... Its buildings too !
- TOSHIBA provides ASIC technology, design platform and local support for development of iDTV tailored ARM®-based MPEG-4 processor. NEOTION NP4+ decoder SoC delivered with minimum turn-around-time.
- NEOTION, new member of Open IPTV Forum.
- VERIMATRIX and NEOTION Team to Deliver Advanced CI Card Solutions.
- NEOTION releases the POCKET Plus: the very first secured silicon based Conditional Access CI Module.
- NEOTION and FASTCOM team up to offer World first CPCM experience in a generic TV centric Home Network.
- NEOTION Pocket Recorder: the original credit card size Digital VCR that simply slots into your Flat idTV set!
- NEOTION unveils the T.NERGY flyweight set-top, a Micro MPEG-4 IP box but with all-in-one Maxi features!
- NEOTION won the fabless Semiconductor Supplier of the year at the prestigious Elektra European Electronics Industry Awards 2008.
- NEOTION reveals plans on revolutionary MPEG-4 HD-module for Standard DVB television sets.
- SCOPUS and NEOTION Team To Provide Advanced H.264 Decoding Solution.
- UAB Mikrovisatos TV selects the NEOTION Pocket MPEG-4 technology to deploy its Pay TV DTT offer in Lithuania.
- PrimePBI and NEOTION sign a major cooperation Agreement. - April 18th 2007.
- DTM and NEOTION team up to offer the highest grade of Innovation in a booming Mass-Market Digital TV space.
- NEOTION creates NTF, his subsidiary dedicated to DTT Pay TV distribution in France.
- NEOTION launches the NEOTION Processor 5, a MPEG-4 processor dedicated to Set-Top-box.
- NEOTION is introducing the newer generation MPEG-4 decoder chip: the NP4+.
- DIZIPIA adopts NEOTION Core Module MPEG-4 Technology to empower its new range of MPEG-2 & MPEG-4 digital receivers.
- Irdeto Digital TV Solution Chosen by NTF for New French Digital Terrestrial Pay Television Service.
- NEOTION launches an MPEG-4 decoder in a credit card format : the Neotion Pocket dTV.
- VIACCESS and NEOTION combine their expertise on MPEG4 solutions.
- IRDETO and NEOTION team up to combine Conditional Access Technology with an MPEG-4 Codec.
- GlobeCast and NEOTION build the Next-Generation satellite TV distribution turnkey platform using MPEG-4 AVC.
- TPS et SONY launch the first « PLUG & PLAY » offer of french pay DTT - First commercial application of the NEOTION digital Pocket TV.
- NEOTION successfully goes public on the ALTERNEXT.
- NEOTION releases the Core Module Technology.
- NEOTION launches the NETION POCKET DUO, first TV MPEG4 and IP module.
- NEOTION and TECHNISAT announce a strategic alliance.
- NEOTION and WAT unveil a common platform.
- NEOTION and CMM sign a major technology agreement on the PLC (Powerline Communication).
- NEOTION, newer Distributor for French Pay TV Digital Terrestrial.
- Launch of the NEOTION Hub, the new co-processor dedicated to the CI slot.
- Technological partnership between NEOTION and SPiDCOM Technologies.
- NEOTION presents its new MPEG-4 Card range at NAB 2005.
- NEOTION successfully launches its new label "my NEOTIONbox" at Mediacast 2005.
- NEOTION and the Groupe AB team up to pioneer together the breakthrough "Pay Per Phone" service.
- NEOTION launches the NB601 T, the new evolutive DTT receiver.
- RTN launches the first TV service broadcasted in MPEG-4 on satellite with NEOTION.
- NEOTION ads two new functionalities to the NB601 S range : SMS Record & InfoCast Games.
- Release of the NEOTION Box 2000.
- NEOTION launches NEOTION SHL easy, a new control access based on pre-paid smart card.
- NEOTION becomes a leading technology provider in the MPEG-4 AVC video compression field by taking-over 100% of the XEOLE company shares.
- NEOTION opens a subsidiary in Shanghai, China.
- Release of the NEOTION Box 1000s.
- NEOTION receives the "International Méditerranée" prize from the Economy Awards organized by France 3 TV and La Provence newspaper.
- NEOTION create the first scalable FTA satellite receiver with the NEOTION cartridges.
- Release of the NEOTION Box 501.
- Official Middle East launch of an "InfoCast Middle East" service in Arabic.
- NEOTION establishes itself on the access control market with NEOTION SHL, the first solution without a smart card.
- Two international television choose NEOTION SHL.
- ATSKY changes its name and visual identity to become NEOTION.
- Release of the NEOTION Box 1000.
- TURENNE CAPITAL and ENTREPRENEUR VENTURE invest into the company.
- Update via the airwaves of the NEOTION Pilot installed range: added access control (with Eurocrypt base) and advanced recording functions.
- Expansion of the Pilot range with the arrival of NEOTION Pilot 2.
- Launch of a complete end-to-end access control solution.
- Release of the first generation of digital television modulesfor the FREE-X TV channel (formerly No Zap).
- Launch of the NEOTION Box digital television terminal and its PC software: NEOTION Video Link.
- Prototype of the satellite receiver for PC : NEOTION Pilot 1.
- TDF buys into the company.
- Release of the first NEOTION ASIC.
- The Caisse d'Épargne bank buys into the company.
- Public launch of the InfoCast service in close partnership with the satellite operator SES ASTRA.
- Consolidation of staff teams.
- TEAMLOG buys into the company .